G Satheesh Reddy conferred first IEI-IEEE Award
G. Satheesh Reddy, Indian aerospace scientist, on 25 August 2016 was conferred the first IEI-IEEE Award for engineering excellence 2015.
The award is in recognition of Reddy’s significant national contributions towards missiles and aerospace technologies.
The award was presented by the Institution of Engineers (India) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Asia Pacific region. It was presented during the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers’ 50th anniversary.
Who is G. Satheesh Reddy?
• G. Satheesh Reddy is a renowned aerospace and navigation scientist.
• At present, he is working as the Scientific Adviser to Raksha Mantri and Director General, Missiles and Strategic Systems.
• He is also credited with development of the Medium Range Surface-to-Air Weapon System and the country’s first guided bomb.
• He is a fellow of the Royal Institute of Navigation in London, the first from India.
• He is a fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society, a foreign member of the Academy of Navigation and Motion Control, Russia.
• He is a fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineering and an honorary fellow of the Computer Society of India.